Friday, August 22, 2008

How Old am I?

So I'm having a birthday tomorrow :( it's not the big one but it's as close as you can get. I'm not very bothered about it.

really.

But it makes you think about the big one next year. I'm trying to make plans. I've thought about everyone getting together at a rental house in Marco Island (Steve could you get on that?) or maybe at a dude ranch in Central Florida - wouldn't that be fun? Horse back riding. golf. sitting around the camp fire at night getting drunk! Sounds good to me! But I'll keep thinking.

Most of you know that I have a vague goal to be in great shape by my 40th. I've started by using my Wii Fit and I hope to have my Virtual Skipping ropes for my aerobic side (notice that there is no mention of a diet!). So I get on my Wii Fit last night and my BMI has dropped slightly and my weight has dropped slightly and my Wii Fit Age is........................................................ 31!!!! WOW. That made me so happy! 31! Jason laughed and thought maybe the wee white box thought someone else might be standing on it - but you know what? I don't care! it motivates me to keep going! It's actually very fun.

So I come into work this morning and tell Jennifer (my co-worker) that my Wii Fit age is 31! and i'm celebrating to myself as I open up my email. There's an email from my niece (my brother Alex's daughter) and she tells me she and her husband are going to have a baby! WOW! OMG! I can't believe it! I am so happy for her! The excitement is overwhelming - until I realize that that will make me a great aunt!

A Great Aunt? Does that not conjure up images of Old ladies, maybe spinsters that smell like cats? How can I be a great aunt? But come to think of it I've been a GREAT aunt to my nieces and nephews their whole lives (well the ones I see anyway) so it's just a different emphases on the phrase.

No matter what my age (numerically) I will feel only as old as I feel. 39 is not that bad.

really.

Congratulations to Julie and Jonathon. Keep me posted :)

No comments: