Sunday, June 8, 2008

Sunday

Day 4: Sundays can be the best day of the week or the worst. For me it's hard not to think of it as the day before MONDAY! I believe that Sundays are for relaxing, getting ready for the work week ahead but there's always sooooo much to do around the house that I feel guilty about relaxing - so it never happens. For the past few weekends I've been staining and sealing some furniture that we want to use on the patio. We moved to this house because we couldn't use the back yard at our old house (too many screaming kids next door). Honestly, it felt like we were trapped inside our own house! Now the father of these screaming brats is filing complaints against the nice people that bought our house (in this awful market) because their dogs bark! The audacity of it!!!! I really feel like going to his house and explaining why we left. I know it wouldn't make any difference but it would be good to get it off my chest.


Anyway, I digress. We bought this house because we want to use the backyard. We like privacy. So after all these months I am trying to get things together so we can eat out there, relax out there, just be out there. However, my fabulous husband feels that he is the only one that should do anything to our house. He's painted it (inside and out) he decides what goes on the walls, he wants to do all the handy work (but never seems to find the time). This leads to me feel like I'm a visitor in my own home sometimes. Luckily we have the same taste. So, I have taken charge! I want the patio to be mine. My creation! My ideas! Something that I can say to people "I did that". So staining and sealing furniture have kept me busy recently. It's coming along and I can't wait to post some photos of it when it's done.

Meanwhile, my nephew Scott is heading to the Himalayas in less than 2 weeks. He won a place in a group of people going there to help build a refuge for needy women in the region. He's 16 and this will be the 1st time he's been away from home (alone) for that length of time. I am so proud of him. This is a huge endeavour and I believe it will be the making of him. Traveling has become so second natue for most of us but how many of us can say they have gone to India? His group will fly into the area but will then hike and camp their way up the Himalayas to their base camp. Out of the 2 week trip he'll actually only be building for 4 days - the rest will be travel! I think he will be so happy to see his own bed when he gets home but the memories of this trip will be with him forever. Good Luck Scott! I'll make sure to update you on his news when he gets home! (p.s. Scott is the good looking one on the right!).



Ciao for now!

No comments: